- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 3 zucchinis
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh shredded or grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- salt and pepper
- Set a large sauce pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil, chopped onions, celery, ginger, and garlic. Saute for 5-6 minutes to soften. Then add the chicken breasts, broth, carrots, apple cider vinegar, crushed red pepper, turmeric and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 20+ minutes, until the chicken breasts are cooked. Then remove the chicken and set them on a cutting board to cool. Add the broccoli, zuchinni, cilantro and parsley to the pot.
- Continue to simmer to soften the broccoli. Meanwhile, shred the chicken breasts with two forks, and stir it back into the soup. Once the broccoli is tender, taste, then salt and pepper as needed. Add lime juice to taste. Serve warm.
Modified from a Spicyperspective